Information You Provide
You are required to create a TalkPath account to gain access to many areas of therapy.aphasia.com and aphasia.com. If you do create an account, we ask for certain information to process your registration, including an email address and password. If you subscribe to a paid account, we request additional information, including your full name and payment method details. If you create an account to participate in our continuing education units (CEU) program, a valid American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) member identification number is required.
To help improve TalkPath for all users, we also ask for certain, limited demographic information, including your name, gender, date of birth, and information about your condition. Providing most of this information is optional.
Data We Collect
In addition to the information you provide to us, when you use TalkPath, we may also automatically collect and store information about the computer, mobile device, or other devices you use to access TalkPath and about how you use TalkPath. For example, we collect and store data about the tasks you complete and your performance in those tasks. We may also collect and store information such as your browser type, IP address, language, operating system, unique device identifier, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you view.
How We Use Your Information at Lingraphica
We use the information we collect to operate and provide you with TalkPath. This includes, but is not limited to
- Authenticating your login and processing your payments;
- Personalizing your TalkPath experience and customizing your plan and allowing your clinician to create custom plans on your behalf;
- Allowing you and/or your clinician to monitor your performance and progress in TalkPath, by, for example, presenting charts and graphs of your performance;
- Protecting our intellectual property or other rights; and
- Managing and improving our business, our games, and our training.
We reserve the right to email you to confirm transactions, address account issues, such as when you make a purchase, inform you of product updates and new services or of your request to reset your password.
We also reserve the right to use nonpersonal information (e.g., de-identified or aggregate data) for any purpose. We may disclose performance statistics to university collaborators to evaluate, study, and improve the effectiveness of TalkPath. In these situations, all data is disclosed either in aggregate form or with information that can identify you removed. In addition, when we work with university collaborators, we contractually prohibit them from attempting to re-identify individuals from data that has been de-identified.
No Disclosure to Third Parties for Their Own Marketing Purposes
We believe in protecting your privacy, and therefore do not provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
When We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Service providers and agents. We may share your information with certain third parties selected by us to help support our operations. These include, for example, services that help us process payments, analyze Web traffic, send emails, and track customer service requests.
- We may disclose your information when we believe we have your consent to do so, such as when you contact customer service and ask us about your account, when your account is linked to another user’s account, or when we have the consent of someone we believe is authorized to consent on your behalf, such as the individual associated with the payment method for your account. If you have expressly agreed to participate in a research study with us or with a third party that incorporates your personal information collected by TalkPath, we also may disclose your information for the purpose of facilitating the research to which you have consented.
Accessing, Reviewing, and Deleting Your Information
You can access, review, and correct the registration and demographic information we have collected about you by logging into your account and navigating to the Account page.
Security of Personal Information
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure of your personal information. For example, we use one or more of SSL encryption, firewalls, and antivirus software. However, no method of transmission or storage is completely secure, and we therefore cannot guarantee absolute security.
Outside the United States Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information
If you access TalkPath outside of the United States, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection and processing of such personal information in, the United States.
In the event that you have a complaint about our handling of your private information, you may contact our Privacy Officer at 609-275-7336 (direct and confidential telephone line).